Are you looking to purchase a property in Adelaide but first wish to gain a clear understanding of its condition prior to the expiration of the contractual cooling period or prior to bidding at auction? An SBI Pre-Purchase Building Inspection is the solution!
Are you about to construct your new home or investment property through an established building company but would like to obtain additional peace of mind by engaging an experienced Adelaide building inspector to provide objective oversight and to help ensure that quality and compliance is being achieved throughout the process? SBI Staged Progress Building Inspections are just what you need!
Are you currently building a home with handover fast approaching and need an expert Adelaide building inspector to first assess the workmanship and compliance and to provide a comprehensive report detailing all of the defects requiring remedial work? An SBI Pre-Handover Inspection is the answer!
Are you looking to buy an investment property but want assurance that the building will not attract undesirable repair & maintenance costs in the near future?
Welcome! You have come to the right place!
Summerton Building Inspections Adelaide
SBI are an Adelaide owned and professionally operated premium building and inspection company specialising in pre-purchase, staged progress, and handover inspections.
We don’t take your business for granted, in fact, we see it as a privilege. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to you, our valued client. Our core mission is to serve you with passion and integrity!
SBI can assist you in making informed decisions when purchasing or building your new home or investment property, or when you are preparing to place your existing home on the market. SBI pre-purchase building inspections will inform you of the condition of your prospective home, will make you aware of any potential safety hazards that may exist, and will grant you an insight into potential repair and maintenance requirements prior to making a financial commitment to the property. SBI staged progress inspections can provide you with peace of mind when you are building a new home or investment property and wish to obtain a second opinion on the compliance and quality of workmanship throughout the construction process. SBI pre-handover inspections can also be of great value prior to your taking possession of your new home from an engaged builder by determining whether quality, accuracy, and compliance has been achieved as per your plans, specifications, and the relevant Codes and Australian Standards. All major and minor defects are captured within a comprehensive report that you can forward to your builder so that they can execute remedial actions prior to handover actually taking place, thus nullifying the need for maintenance contractors entering the premises post-handover.
We possess the knowledge to determine general building compliance and to identify unobvious construction faults.
As experienced building designers and fully licensed builders / building work supervisors, SBI also possess the aptitude and drive to provide you with a fully customised and intimate building experience. From conceptual design, estimating / costing, council approval, private certification, and engineering coordination; through to contractual administration, site establishment, project management, material procurement / labour synchronisation, construction / site supervision, and eventual handover of a superior product; Summerton Building & Inspection are your one-stop shop for building and inspection solutions!
We report and you decide!
Our thorough and meticulous inspection reports will provide you with the information you need to make wise decisions when purchasing, building, or selling a property. The reports are generally provided on the same day the inspection is conducted, and you will also be contacted and briefed by the expert building inspector post-inspection. With the “Summerton Building Inspection Report” , you will be empowered with confidence throughout the construction and home / investment property procurement decision-making process!
Our inspection reports include the following:
- Potential safety hazards that may require immediate attention;
- Major building defects that require professional repair / rework;
- Minor building defects that can be alleviated through general maintenance;
- Observed non-compliance of building structures / elements as per the relevant Codes and Australian Standards;
- Coloured photos capturing all major and minor defects / potential safety hazards / non-compliant building elements;
- Any other concerns that may be observed
- Building Work Contractors License BLD268703
- Supervisors Registration Building Work License BLD266833
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction / Building Codes & Standards for Large Building Projects CPCCBC6001B
- Diploma of Building and Construction CPC50210
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40108
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management) CPC40508
- Certificate IV in Residential Drafting 40357SA
- Understanding the Timber Framing Code 35683
- Essential Elements of Roof Framing Trusses 54377
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A
WE ALSO HOLD CURRENT PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY & PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICIES TO MAXIMISE CONSUMER PROTECTIONS FOR YOU, OUR VALUED CLIENTS.
- Full member – Housing Industry Association (HIA) Building Consultant / Residential Builder
- Executive committee member / Treasurer – Association of Building Consultants (ABC)